How to Choose Vinyl wallpaper (21 pics): features and beautiful design examples
Repair takes in human life is one of the main places, despite the fact that it we do not do so often. Build a house for himself important. Cozy and native nest should be comfortable and not cause negative emotions. Make the perfect interior and pick up beautiful for him, but at the same time secure the material difficult. Set wallpaper - one of the most difficult lessons.
Parameters by which we choose the wallpaper, are simple:
- the color scheme;
- resistance to moisture;
- resistance to scratches, drawings;
- fire resistance.
Assessing the quality of acquired certain wallpaper. Demand for different categories of people use vinyl wallpaper.
Features and Feature Wallpaper
Vinyl wallpaper bilayer. The upper layer contains the vinyl and a plurality of colors and patterns:
- solid-color: light and dark, white, red, purple, gray, blue, beige and other colors;
- wallpaper with stripes;
- embossed with a pattern;
- with an image.
The second layer may be a paper or vlies. Distinguish, based on the lower-layer non-woven wallcovering and vinyl based wallpapers on paper substrate. This side of wallpaper glued to the wall.
Wallpaper can be glued in any room: kitchen, living room, hallway, nursery. Interior with these wallpapers alive. Room with vinyl wallpaper is as unique and special.
Vinyl wallpaper under a brick in the living room
Feature gluing of wallpaper to the use of a special adhesive. It is important not to hurry and to glue butt. Be careful and make sure that the wallpaper is not stretched.
By the surprising properties of this coating include soundproofing, moisture resistance and Non-incendive. In addition, damage, drawings and inscriptions are not afraid of such wallpaper.
The top layer of vinyl is of several types. Depending on the thickness, soundproofing, external indicators and wallpaper features are divided into the following types:
- smooth. Durable embossed material. Design vinyl wallpaper is a brick and stone. Well washed. Smooth vinyl wallpaper is not afraid of the light, so do not burn out.
- solid. Resistant to any damage to the wallpaper. Dense structure. Able to mimic a variety of finishing materials. Good breathable.
- silk. Amazing the texture and type of wallpaper. Resemble silk cloth due to its thinness and strength. The process of creation of the vinyl called serigraphy.
- Foamed embossed vinyl. The foam layer gives the opportunity to breathe wallpaper. At the same time it has a unique and clear embossed. The material is not heavy and easy to work with. These wallpapers are well suited to the design of the kitchen, as they can be considered washable. They are well cleaned with a rag, so often used as a ceiling finishing material. Such wallpaper can hide all the flaws and irregularities of the walls of the room.
custom_block (4, 43781096, 19150);
Pluses vinyl wallpaper can be a long list. From this, their popularity is growing exponentially. To those benefits include:
- stylish and beautiful design. Large selection of colors and types of top coat making vinyl wallpaper special and popular.
- The ability to look the other finishing materials. Brick, tile, stone, stucco - all these can be vinyl wallpaper.
- The ability to capture and detain noise.
- The ability to visually eliminate irregularities.
- The density of the material.
- Moisture resistance.
- Resistance to damage.
- Safe and harmless composition.
Create a unique interior of the nursery, bedroom or hallway and living simply. With vinyl wallpaper decor sparkle with new light. Choose your color: pink or beige, yellow, or blue, or brown with a pattern. Emphasize the individuality of his home and make it cozier with the help of wallpaper.
Cons vinyl wallpaper
Do vinyl wallpaper harmful? What are their disadvantages? Like others, artificially created materials, vinyl wallpaper have their drawbacks:
- possible toxicity. Not all manufacturers of quality work on the production of wallpaper. Quite often low-quality manufacturer produces light wallpaper poor quality of cheap and chemically hazardous materials. It is important to check the certificate of conformity GOST.
- wallpapers do not breathe. By choosing vinyl wallpaper, we do not always look at the bottom cover. It is responsible for breathability. Buy on flizeline basis - they miss the air better.
- difficulties gluing. For inexperienced and for the first time encountered such builders wallpaper work brings a little trouble. Vinyl wallpaper on paper often shrink. In order to avoid gaps, glue the butt joint.
- Vinyl wallpaper - not the cheapest. But the price justifies the quality.
- wallpaper with paper backing afraid of changes in temperature or condensation. It is not recommended to paste over their kitchen and bathrooms. Choose for this non-woven backing.
These wallpapers are minuses, but the care and hard work, the shortcomings of hassle should not deliver. Repairs will take place on hurray. Beautiful house and wallpapers - face master.
Choosing the right wallpaper
But how to choose the vinyl wallpaper? Not just paint or glue deliver difficulty in choosing. Wallpaper to find the right thing too complicated - you need to take into account the many nuances. The questions arise: what is the basis to choose what will be the top layer, choose blue or yellow, black or pink, embossed wallpaper or wallpapers? Let's face it.
Kitchen and bathroom - high humidity and temperature. This suit washable wallpaper or polipleny. In addition, excellent fit vinyl wallpaper on the ceiling. It is important to pay attention to the sign wave, indicating the degree of water resistance. For example, one wave indicates a water resistance of medium strength, wallpaper is not afraid of wet cleaning. Two or three waves indicate good stability properties and an increased degree. The symbol of the comb and the waves at the same time point out that the wallpaper is not afraid of a brush and a sponge. These wallpapers have also in the form of photo wallpapers.
perfectly suited for foamed vinyl children's room.
Non-woven wallpaper suitable for bedrooms. They are well ventilated. Picking a combination of plain wallpaper: black and red, gray and purple, you emphasize your taste and create comfort in the room.
Attention! Good breathable wallpaper have small holes - perforations in both layers.
Before buying a roll of smell. acetone smell should alert you. Quality wallpaper does not have to smell them. Refuse to purchase and if the wallpaper has an oily surface. This vinyl dry.
Care and tips
Wallpaper, as well as any decorative items and furniture in the house, in need of care. Vinyls are washable wallpaper, but there is no need to overdo it. Pay attention to the label, it is listed on the degree of wetting (number of waves). Based on the information, choose a suitable detergent and cleaning tool. Rules for cleaning and tips:
- Embossed wallpaper should first be wiped with a dry cloth from dust, and then use the damp. Be careful not to let any excess moisture.
- The water solution of the detergent, alcohol - well suited for wet cleaning and cleaning of wallpaper.
- Wallpapers are washed from the bottom up.
- The product is excellent for staining.
- Remove the wallpaper from the walls need a 2-step process. First, the upper layer is removed. Assist brushes, knives, spatulas. Then, the bottom with water and a spatula.
Engaged in repair, it is important to pay attention to the selection of wallpaper. Vinyl wallpaper though have their own nuances and difficulties in the work, but give the interior individuality and wealth. The owner of the house will catch envious glances and delight guests. Do not skimp on beauty.